I had the pleasure of meeting the one and only Mathias Bynens (https://twitter.com/mathias) in Munich at JSKongress (https://twitter.com/JSkongress). We had a little chat over tea and Club Mate and spoke about Mathias' career and life. How he started as a developer, came to Opera and ended up with Google's V8 team (https://twitter.com/v8js). We also spoke about regular expressions and recent advancements in that area. They are evolving, and Mathias is actively contributing to the standards. I had a ton of fun, and I'm sure Mathias will cross paths with the ScriptConf crowd sometime in the future!
- Mathias' blog: https://mathiasbynens.be/
- Regular expression proposals: https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/es-regexp-proposals
- Using CSS without HTML: https://mathiasbynens.be/notes/css-without-html
- Parsing HTML with regex: https://stackoverflow.com/a/1732454/96656
- Script'18: https://scriptconf.org